On Saturday I was having a bit of an overwhelming moment when I realised that I had 100 unread books on my shelves. Thanks to everyone’s help I’ve managed to compile my next 10 reads – my Seasons Readings!
And here they are:
- The Moonstone – Wilkie Collins
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society – Mary Ann Shaffer and Anni Barrows
- The Shuttle – Frances Hodgeson Burnett
- Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil – John Berendt
- Peyton Place – Grace Metalious
- The Wind-up Bird Chronicle – Haruki Murakami
- Disgrace – J.M. Coetzee
- I Capture the Castle – Dodie Smith
- The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox – Maggie O’Farrell
- Heliopolis – James Scudamore
A good thing is that my unread book list now numbers 99 after reading Muriel Spark’s The Finishing School at the weekend (review to follow).
I’m super-excited about my holiday reading list now, and very appreciative of everyone’s thoughts and comments (which I can revisit to choose my next 10).
Seasons Readings everyone!